- SOS – Spiral tipped general purpose soil auger
- SOD – Aggressive cutters, hard soil auger
- SON – Flat cutter, gravely soil auger
- SOC – Single cutter, soft wet soil only auger
- JA – Jarret style shallow sampling auger
- SPS and SPF – Open spiral type augers.
Standard sizes are 50mm (2″), 62mm (2½”), 75mm (3″) and 100mm (4″) and some others made-to-order.
Newer items are shown on our New Products page.
- SOS Series
This is our most popular auger which is a general purpose design to handle most soil conditions, even very sandy soils.
- SOD Series
This new soil auger was developed to achieve better penetration in hard dry soils and by doing so requires extra effort to turn it.
- SON Series
It is a 2 flat cutter, single slot design
- SOC Series
This soil auger was developed primarily for its easy to clean features when used in sticky wet soils.
- JA Series
For taking small samples but may be subject to sample mixing causing contamination.
- SP Series
These are used to drill hard compacted soils or decomposed rock. They drill faster and are stronger than the soil augers but require greater care for accurate sampling.